While purchasing the car, in-transit permits are quite important documents. For those buyers who want to relocate the car to another state, this in transit permit will maintain a correlation between the buyer and the present owner. In case you are able to manage your own permit, the DMV office of state offers the in-transit permit for transportation of new cars. It offers the legal permission to the driver to run his car which is not yet registered by the department of motor vehicle or the other state department.
1. Approach the nearest department of motor vehicle in the area where you are purchasing the car. For instance, if your residence is in New Jersey and you are buying the car from New York then approach the New York’s DMV to collect the in-transit permit.
2. Local DMV will offer you the in-transit permit. For completing the application form, you will need a state residence proof, valid driving license, insurance proofs and the title of car as the proof of sale from existing owner and lastly the temporary license plate. You also have to pay a fee for this process. For example California charges $60 for this application.
3. Complete the papers in the DMV office itself. The official will help you with the queries you want to clarify while doing it for the first time. Avoid making error as it may lead you to do the paperwork again.
4. Approach the DMV office near the place you are residing for enquiring about the whole in-transit permit process and get information about the documentation that will be required while transporting your vehicle. Laws various in different states therefore make sure that the other area too follows the same regulations.
5. For all the buyers of the brand new car, it is mandatory to carry all the relevant documents and information together during the transportation of the vehicle to the new place. The documents that will be need are the title of the new car, the paper of insurance of the new car and most importantly the in-transit permit.
More car tips: